Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hospital-Tested, Nurse-Approved

I got this message today from Sonia Whitebird, a nurse at Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, CA-

"I bought a couple copies and brought them to work. I actually had a couple of the girls use the book to look at as a tool on how to approach some family members who were in the middle of losing a loved one. They weren't really sure what to say and I thought this would be perfect instead of me telling them what to say. They applied some of these tools in the book to what they were gonna say anyways. It was extremely helpful!! They love it!"

I can't describe how it feels to hear this. The whole point of writing the book was to help people support others through grief. I'm extremely grateful to everyone who contributed. Getting this information together and into the hands of people like these nurses was exactly what I was praying would happen. It's amazing to me how it's all played out.

Thank you.


4 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! It i such a GREAT book!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your help, Joslyne!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia,
    Funny that Sonia took a couple books to work at Tahoe Forest. I had a TF Hospice meeting yesterday, so I was able to present the book to the Hospice Coordinator, Val Sutter. She was thrilled. She can't wait to get it cataloged and put into the Hospice Library, where it will be available for checkout by anyone finding the need for it! Everyone at the meeting was very excited about it, too!
    Thanks again for getting the books sent out to this neck of the woods! Such a great tool for Hospice volunteers, patients, family, and friends alike!
    Congrats again on such a mighty accomplishment!
    Love to all,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Lois! Honestly, nothing makes me happier than supporting the work of hospice. You're the front line of grief support. I don't know what my dad would have done without Sierra Hospice in Chester after his wife died. Until then, I didn't know they provided aftercare to survivors. It saved him!

    Thank you to Val and everyone at TFH. I'm so happy to be in your library!

    ReplyDelete

When someone dies, (other than attending the service), I do this for the family-