Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thank you

I want to thank everyone who has sent in quotes since I started this blog a few days ago. I appreciate them all, and know each one will resonate with someone who reads it and feels a little less alone.

In the past three days, contributors have covered the losses of parents, pregnancy, children, and a woman whose husband died two weeks after their wedding. Your bravery and willingness to share your thoughts about your grief is humbling, to say the least. I'm struck by how often people thank me for giving them an opportunity to share their story. My greatest fear in asking anyone for a quote is coming across as exploitive, so it always comes as a great relief to hear how discussing their loved one's death has helped them heal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

When someone dies, (other than attending the service), I do this for the family-