Monday, April 5, 2010

The Stories Clergy Could Tell...


If you want to write a book about grief, you interview those who have been through it. Then, I figure you have 3 main sources of inside info. Hospice, grief support groups, and the clergy.

Hospice? Check.
Support groups? Check.
Clergy? Not so much.

You might think it's that client privilege thing, or whatever it's called between you and your pastor. I thought so too, but that's not I'm getting from them. No, it's more of an array of not enough time, nothing comes to mind, or let me think about it.

It's been very frustrating. Here's the inside guy (or gal). Right there, in the inner circle. They've seen it all, so why keep it to themselves?

Well, guess what? My preacher-luck seems to have changed. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a pastor. Yep, in person and everything.

Wish him candor, and wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for Pastor Alan! Thank you. Great ideas AND a stellar latte. Every day should be so good.

    ReplyDelete

When someone dies, (other than attending the service), I do this for the family-