Friday, October 1, 2010

Southern Festival of Books





Each year Nashville hosts all things literary and throws a big old party on the War Memorial Plaza.

The reasons I love this festival (started in '89) are many, but let's hit the highlights, shall we?

*Author sessions are held in the Legislative Plaza hearing rooms underneath the Plaza and in the Senate and House Chambers of the State Capitol. Is it just me, or is that pretty cool?

*It's free.

*This year the festival celebrates the 50th anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird.

*The authors of the new Mark Twain biography will be there. As Rachel Zoe would say, "I die."

*I defy anyone to look at the jam-packed 3-day schedule and not find someone/something that interests them. From Irene Kelley singing in the plaza to a reading from Dracula's Guest in the Old Supreme Court Room, you can just walk in and take a seat. And it's here, in Nashville! Free!

I am especially excited to be signing advance copies of Sorry For Your Loss: What People Who Are Grieving Wish You Knew on Saturday! Yep, October 9th, from 2-3PM, I'll be in booth 40 just waiting for you. See you there!


4 comments:

  1. There. 4001. Wish I could be at your book signing! Have a blast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could too. Lots of YA authors this year. Thanks, Ms. 4001.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,

    Great book. I just finished. You signed it for me at the festival, but I wasn't sure whether I was keeping it or giving it as a gift.

    When I got a chance to flip through it, I knew it was one for my library. I'll be buying more and referring my friends. Great resource for a difficult time.

    The Non-Fiction Writer's Meetup needs you. Let's talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer-

    Thank you! It was so nice meeting you. I'd love to talk about your group.

    Thanks again for your kind words. It's surreal now that people are actually reading the book. I appreciate your comments more than you know.

    ReplyDelete

When someone dies, (other than attending the service), I do this for the family-