Saturday, May 15, 2010

Edit and Forget It


Yeah, that's right. A Ron Popeil reference. I'm titling a blog post with a mutated infomercial catch phrase. Does that tell you anything? This blogger's on the edge.

I am currently trying to edit the book while collecting the last bits of material I need to make it flow. Flow. Simple word for what's turning out to be a murky concept. My problem is being too familiar with the text. It's not always easy for me to assess it objectively. Thank goodness for my fairy godmother, Joslyne. Her no-nonsense approach and notes like, "This doesn't make sense", or "too long" are exactly what the doctor ordered. She's convinced me she likes the book, so her advice is easily taken.

So, if you see me in the Brentwood library with a serious look on my face, now you know what's up. Shhh, I'm in my editing mode. Move this, cut that, clarify, organize and polish!

Then submit it and hold my breath.

1 comment:

  1. On the way here to the library, Bob Seger came on and sang these words only to me, "I've got so much more to think about. Deadlines and commitments. What to leave in, what to leave out."

    Ain't it the truth.

    ReplyDelete

When someone dies, (other than attending the service), I do this for the family-